Story image

Adobe strengthens partner relationships

01 Mar 08

Adobe has introduced a revision to its two tiered channel partner program that will reward and recognise the continued investment from partners in Adobe, Adobe’s solutions and joint customers.
“The program has been revised based on partner feedback as to what they require to continue to grow their Adobe business,” said Craig McGregor, ANZ Channel Sales Manager for Adobe.  “Adobe is a channel centric company, and as such, recognises the need to become more structured in our partner relationships.”
In ANZ, 98% of Adobe’s business is through the channel, with the remaining 2% sold through Adobe’s online store, a by-product of the global organisation. 
McGregor hopes that the revision will show those partners who invest in Adobe that Adobe will continue to invest in them.  “We strongly believe that there will be real incremental revenue opportunities for us and our partners by firstly incenting and rewarding partners to chase this opportunity,” he continued.
Once accredited, program members will receive a wide variety of benefits including, but not limited to, access to regular rebate and MDF funds, formalised online training content, increased rebate offerings through a formal deal registration process, the provision of Adobe software for internal use, and preferential treatment with Adobe’s lead generation programs and web presence.
As part of the revised partner program, McGregor and team plan to bring back the “Adobes”, a once popular award event that takes its name from the Logies. 
Additionally, Adobe is working with its NZ distributors (Express Data, Ingram Micro and Scholastic) to increase the company’s breadth in New Zealand.  “We have a lot of major partners here [NZ] and have been trying to service them out of Australia.  We want to invest in New Zealand much more significantly to provide more value,” explained McGregor.  

Kiwis make waves in IoT World Cup
A New Zealand company, KotahiNet, has been named as a finalist in the IoT World Cup for its River Pollution Monitoring solution.
Can it be trusted? Huawei’s founder speaks out
Ren Zhengfei spoke candidly in a recent media roundtable about security, 5G, his daughter’s detainment, the USA, and the West’s perception of Huawei.
Oracle Java Card update boosts security for IoT devices
"Java Card 3.1 is very significant to the Internet of Things, bringing interoperability, security and flexibility to a fast-growing market currently lacking high-security and flexible edge security solutions."
How SMBs can use data to drive business outcomes
With the right technology, companies can capture consumer, sales, and expense data, and use it to evaluate and construct future plans.
Survey shows that IoT is RoI across Asia Pacific
A recent Frost & Sullivan survey across Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore shows that IoT deployment improves business metrics by around 12%.
Sophos hires ex-McAfee SVP Gavin Struther
After 16 years as the APAC senior vice president and president for McAfee, Struthers is now heading the APJ arm of Sophos.
Security platform provider Deep Instinct expands local presence
The company has made two A/NZ specific leadership hires and formed several partnerships with organisations in the region.
Half of companies unable to detect IoT device breaches
A Gemalto study also shows that the of blockchain technology to help secure IoT data, services and devices has doubled in a year.