HP’s Partner Programs can be seen as a form of professional development. From Registered Resellers through to Premier Business Partners, HP has put in place a structure to engage, train and assist its partners.
HP manages a three-tier program for partners who share a passion for HP’s many product offerings and solutions. At the entry level, Registered Resellers can enjoy many benefits, and a stronger level of communication with HP.
Commitment is valued above size and revenue, with HP choosing to look at geography, capabilities and reseller commitment when engaging in a new partnership. There is no cost to the reseller to be involved, and taking the first step by becoming a Registered Reseller provides many opportunities by giving the new partner access to the following:
* HP Partner Portal: HP’s secure channel portal provides essential content and online services. These include daily updated product catalogue, list pricing, events, services, and training information 24 hours a day.
* The HP Asia Pacific Partner Academy (APPA) website: a training development program with a curriculum that spans HP’s entire products and services portfolio, as well as sales skills and certification programs.
* HP Link: HP’s weekly eNewsletter designed to keep partners informed of the latest product developments, promotions, events, and training.
* HP Product/ Price Books: hard copy product & price books that are mailed out to Registered Resellers to keep them updated on the latest product information and pricing across HP’s business units.
* HP Registered Reseller logos: Registered Resellers have access to a range of Registered Reseller logos to promote their business relationship with HP.
* On the HP radar: HP tracks the sales progress of its Registered Resellers. If a reseller’s turnover in HP product meets HP’s criteria for membership in its Business Partner Program, they may be invited to join.
HP has invested significantly in the channel in New Zealand by providing tools to increase margins and grow reseller business, training and certification, and membership accreditation. Registered Resellers can join the Program with the goal of becoming an HP Business Partner or Premier Business Partner, or simply to build a stronger relationship with HP.
“We’ve got fantastic distributors,” said Joanna Burgess, HP’s manager for Solution Partners Organisation. Ingram Micro and eXeed are able to provide a sense of working directly with HP, while looking after Registered Resellers themselves.
Registered Resellers are managed by distribution, and are encouraged to contact product managers at Ingram Micro or eXeed for assistance and guidance. HP is dedicated to helping its partners sell, and this vision is shared by HP’s distribution partners.
Registered Resellers can proactively access information via HP Link, HP’s channel eNewsletter, the Partner Portal website, or one of the distributors. “We really do have the best partner program,” said Burgess. “If a reseller wants to aspire to new levels, we have a great structure in place to assist them along the way.”
Communication is paramount to HP’s Partner Program at all levels. For Registered Resellers, having that extra bit of support and training can make a world of difference. If you have ever sold HP, you are qualified to be a Registered Reseller. Take full advantage of this fantastic opportunity!