A worldwide provider of network security appliances and a market leader in unified threat management (UTM), there are many things you won’t know about Fortinet.
Fortinet’s market position has been validated by widespread recognition by industry analysts, business organisations, and media.
Here are 10 things you didn’t know:
1. Fortinet is the 3rd biggest player in the firewall market, dismissing the common misconception that they are focused solely on the SMB market.
In fact, the company enjoys a customer base including enterprises, service providers and government entities worldwide, including the majority of the 2012 Fortune Global 100.
2. FortiGuard is Fortinet’s threat research and response team, with more than 20% of Fortinet staff working around the globe providing 24 hours a day, 365 days a year analysis of current threats on the Internet, the FortiGuard team’s sole purpose is to protect customers.
3. Fortinet is 100% channel focused unlike some of its competitors.
4. They are the only security vendor that owns all the components of Security UTM and Wireless to allow Secure Wireless and true BYOD control
5. While the company is famed for producing hardware products, Fortinet has ventured into the virtual appliance market as well meaning for those businesses who virtualise their servers, a FortiGate firewall would be the perfect match.
6. The company now operates local 8x5 and 24x7 warranty meaning customers no longer need to send products to Taiwan, instead dealing with Fortinet’s team of distributors.
7. Fortinet has an authorised trainer in Auckland at Ingram Micro, and trained over 180 people last year.
8. All products start with Forti – such as FortiGuard, FortiGate, FortiMail and FortiWifi. All of which are developed in-house.
9. Pioneered the UTM market from 2000. Fortinet is the market leader in the Gartner UTM magic quadrant since 2006. Gartner being the accepted independent research company.
10. Fortinet continues on with double-digit growth year on year. A growth segment for local channel partners to join.
For more information about Fortinet, click here