After three years running NZTech, Candace Kinser is stepping down from the CEO position. Here is her note to members:
I have made a decision to step down from the role to pursue my other interests in governance and new opportunities in the sector. Later today, a press release will come out formally announcing the change and inviting interest from potential candidates as we move into a new phase of growth for the Association.
It has been hugely rewarding to help advance the interests of NZTech and its members during the last 3 years; together we:
- broadened the membership to include more fully government, education, start-up and affiliates;
- increased awareness and action around the skills and talent shortage;
- created a vibrant community for Women Tech Executives to meet and collaborate;
- championed our high growth businesses on eight separate trade mission trips with the Prime Minister and Ministers to the USA, South East Asia, India and China;
- created and launched Tech Innovation Week as an annual event; and
- created strategic alliances with key government agencies and improved our relationships across the Ministerial level.
However, by no means is the job finished! The next phase of our growth will focus on even stronger relationships with government to create meaningful policy for the sector, tighter integration with education partners to ensure our next generation of tech superstars come through, continuing to support our high-growth companies as they traverse the world stage and so much more.
It is vital that NZTech continues to represent the voice of the technology industry across media, government and the public here in New Zealand and abroad. We are on track to becoming the largest contributor to our nation’s wealth as a sector, and that momentum must continue.
NZTech has grown and evolved to become the 'go to' association in the sector for media and government and we continue to be the thought leaders for our industry's future.
My last official day is Friday, the 31st of October. I hope to see many of you before then, and I will remain committed to our industry's growth and success in the years to come.
Thank you for your amazing support and encouragement these past few years. It has been a tremendous honour to be part of such an incredible family known as the New Zealand technology industry.