Poly updates partner programme
FYI, this story is more than a year old
Communication and collaboration vendor Poly, formerly Plantronics and Polycom, is releasing a new partner programme that combines the Polycom and Plantronics programmes under a model that is accessible for partners at all levels.
The global programme features a new unified portal with real-time access to all assets, training, tools and content that partners need to successfully go to market.
"We've reimagined our programme to encourage participation from a broad range of partners and made it more beneficial to partner with Poly," says Poly global channel sales vice president Nick Tidd.
"Our partners consistently tell us that their success depends on their ability to differentiate based on reputation, service delivery capability, and complementary skills. Our goal is to help all partners successfully stand out in the market.”
The new programme, which brings together more than 15,000 partners around the world between Plantronics and Polycom, is designed so partners of all sizes can more easily deliver customised solutions to their customers.
The Poly partner programme shifts the evaluation of partner levels from a focus on revenue to an emphasis on involvement with Poly to support innovation and mutual growth.
The model is built around three categories:
- Capabilities, ensuring a deep knowledge base through training and enablement;
- Commitment, a demonstrated focus and investment in Poly; and
- Contribution, which expands beyond just revenue and provides opportunities for bonuses for our partners. Additional benefits include a single instance of deal registration, performance dashboards, and a real-time scorecard to make it easier to track partner standing.
Additional features of the Poly partner programme include:
- A new Poly partner portal launching on April 10 which will replace Polycom Partner Connect and Plantronics Plantro.net. The portal offers an interactive and collaborative space to connect partners to Poly, support technical expertise, sales, marketing, and continuous real-time learning.
- The Poly partner portal will also provide a comprehensive library of images, marketing assets and co-brandable templates so partners can effectively and efficiently market to customers.
- Poly University provides a full suite of curriculum by specialty to help partners satisfy certification and specialisation requirements as well as elective learning. A certification programme provides individual sales and pre-sales training in various product and service categories.
- Sales tools offer customer testimonials, videos, promotions and a demo discount programme to help drive business.
"Poly's new partner programme offers new tools, business opportunities and a refreshing business mindset for the Polycom and Plantronics partners," says Recon Research founder and managing partner Ira M. Weinstein.
"Many vendor channel programmes focus on revenue only, which naturally favours large players over small ones. This new programme levels the playing field by rewarding partners for investments they make in working with Poly, not just the number of devices they sell. Poly's new partner portal and related support tools will help partners stay up-to-date and differentiate themselves in this fast-paced market."
All Polycom and Plantronics partners will receive access to the Poly partner portal on April 10, 2020, which will be available in North America, EMEA and APAC regions.