Since its launch in 2012, Microsoft's Surface range has been seen as a significant contender in the personal PC market, particularly its portables, despite a relatively small range of products.
Ingram Micro NZ Microsoft Surface business development manager Sandre Nicols explains how the Surface range of 2020 has brought together eight devices that suit the needs of any modern business.
See below for the full video
- Surface Go 2
- Lightweight, sub-$1000 tablet with all-day battery life and fast-charge
- Surface Book 3
- 13.5” or 15” convertible with a removable screen and NVIDIA graphics cards built into the screen
- Surface Dock 2
- A laptop to desktop solution with a range of ports including USB-C, Enterprise-grade central control. It can support two 4k monitors at once and has a longer 80cm power cable.
- Surface Pro 7
- Best known device. 12.3” convertible with a removable magnetic keyboard and a 270º range hinge
- Surface Pro X
- Tablet with LTE connectivity standard, designed for on-the-go employees
- Surface Laptop 3 for Business
- 13.5” or 15” laptop
- Surface Studio 2
- 28" desktop with an adjustable touchscreen
- Surface Hub 2S
- 52” conference room device with an 84” version coming soon
As Nicols highlights, the surface range manages to cover any employee or business requirements in just seven devices that are all designed to be seamlessly connected.
They also suit any size of organisation with as much or as little centralised control as needed, and complete integration with Windows 365 for companies that want to leverage the flexibility of the cloud.
All Surface business devices come with the Windows 10 Pro operating system and all the networking, security and control benefits it offers.
Microsoft has also added a raft of sold-separately accessories to complement the Surface range.
Mouse, keyboard covers, a slimline pen that fits into the cover where it is charged, headphones and earbuds.
Nicols herself is using a Surface pen connected to her device to control her presentation, changing slides with the integrated button.
To add on to the one year Microsoft warranty, Ingram Micro offers a 3 or 4 year Next Business Day Replacement warranty.
This means that if a customer is having an issue with a Surface device, they will send out a replacement device the next business day from their Auckland office.
Multi-layered protection from chip to firmware to the cloud is included in every Surface device.
The Surface unified extensible firmware interface is maintained in-house with regular updates and is seamlessly deployed to minimise risk and maximise control at firmware level before the device even boots up.
Windows Hello leverages the biometric capabilities of the devices' cameras for added protection from prying eyes.
Since the Surface Pro 7, the commercial packaging has changed to be broken down and flat packed for easy recycling.