COVID-19: Dell announces partner support package
FYI, this story is more than a year old
Dell global channel, OEM and IoT president Joyce Mullen announced a new Partner Relief Package for partners who are facing revenue and cash flow problems in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic in a blog post last week.
“We understand that financing and cash flow liquidity play an important role in any business continuity plan,” Mullen’s post says.
“Many of our partners may need help in this area as they try to serve their customers and help their employees remain productive during this difficult time. With that in mind, we have taken actions to provide immediate financial relief to metaled partners while helping build capabilities and pipeline for the future.”
The package includes:
- A one-time cash payout for up to 50% of current partner Market Development Fund (MDF) / Business Development Fund (BDF) balances for use towards future marketing activities. Partners can apply for this at any time between April 13 – June 20, 2020.
- Fee-waived services deployment training for Unity XT, VxRail and DP4400 from now until May 31, 2020 for metaled solutions providers.
- New team-based pricing options for solutions providers to make all training more affordable.
- For distributors: removing the 1H FY21 client solutions growth targets and increasing base rates to improve the predictability of earnings.
- Extended unspent earned MDF and BDF that was scheduled to expire between March and July to July 24, 2020.
Mullen also refers to Dell’s Working Capital Solutions (WCS) which offers payment terms, increased credit capacity and simplification of partner accounts payable management through online tools.
Additionally, it works with Dell Financial Services (DFS) to allow qualifying partners 60 to 90 days payment terms extension to pay their financing vendor and flexibility for partners to extend up to 120 days from the invoice date (subject to financing vendor approval) for an incremental fee negotiated with the financing vendor, providing adaptive liquidity solutions.
“We know that customers need technology right now, but many organisations need more flexible repayment terms, and our partners may need help managing cash flow or end-user credit risk,” Mullen’s post states.
There are also additional payment solution options available through 1/5/20.
Each solution can be customised to customers’ needs to include deferred payment schedules and zero up-front costs to help preserve capital.
- 24-month Financing at 0% interest for Servers and select Storage
- 36-month Financing at 3.99% interest for majority of Dell Technology products
- As low as a 6-month term and Rotation lease options for select laptops, thin clients and mobile workstations
- 3-, 6- and potentially 9-month deferrals for qualified credit
“As I stated in my open letter to partners last month, it’s a great honour to be part of this remarkable partner community that continues to empower both large and small organisations around the world, especially in these unsettling times,” the blog post concludes.