Dell Technologies' Progress Made Real plan outlines social impact goals
Dell Technologies has declared that humans and technology should go hand in hand to transform lives and make a real impact to society.
The company has released its ‘moonshot goals' as part of its 2030 Progress Made Real Plan – and amongst those goals is a commitment to improving transparency practices across the board.
Dell Technologies' chairman and CEO Michael Dell Technologies says, “Unlocking the power of data will advance humanity more than any other force over the next decade.
He adds that Dell Technologies wants to make that power available to communities around the world.
Dell Technologies states that ethics and privacy are foundational to the company's corporate and social impact strategies. They are also essential to reaching its 2030 goals.
It will fully automate data control processes, which means customers can access, delete, or share their data in a simpler way.
To amplify team members' and partners' passion for ethics and integrity, the company will use digital tools to make it easier to get insights from, measure and monitor compliance issues using digital data.
Dell Technologies ANZ VP and general manager Angela Fox says that a core focus at Dell Technologies is to use technology to drive human progress, in a way that is sustainable, diverse, and impactful.
“Locally, we give back to our communities through mentor programs, ongoing recycling programs, and through our local charitable partnerships. We are extremely proud that Dell Technologies has committed to making such significant societal impact goals and our ANZ team is looking forward to playing our part in helping to achieve these milestones.
The company's moonshot goals cover inclusion, sustainability, and an effort to transform lives.
Our 2030 agenda is comprehensive and deeply embedded across the business,” adds Dell Technologies chief customer officer Karen Quintos.
“The moonshot goals stretch us to go far beyond incremental change. In some cases, we're still working to uncover how we'll get there – but we know that significant change and innovation starts with deep commitment.
The moonshot goals are as follows:
- Acquire, develop and retain women so they account for 50% of the company's global workforce and 40% of global people managers
- Educate 95% of all team members on an annual basis about unconscious bias, harassment, micro-aggressions and privilege
- Acquire, develop and retain black/African American and Hispanic team members so they account for 25% of the company's U.S. workforce and 15% of U.S. people managers
- Recycle an equivalent product for every product a customer buys
- Lead the circular economy with more than half of all product content being made from recycled or renewable material
- Use 100% recycled or renewable material in all packaging
- Deliver future-ready skills development for workers in their supply chain
- Drive a comprehensive science-based climate program, setting emissions goals across facilities, supply chain and operations to customer use of our products including partnering with suppliers to meet a greenhouse gas emissions reduction target of 60% per unit revenue by 2030
- Advance the health, education and economic opportunity of 1 billion people
- Digitally transform 1,000 nonprofit organisations
- Achieve 75% team member participation in charitable giving and volunteerism in communities.
“Maximising the impact of Progress Made Real requires galvanising all stakeholders and applying customer, partner and team members' skills and passions fully in support of the 2030 goals, acting everyday with ethics and integrity,” the company concludes.