Dell Technologies has unveiled Dell Hybrid Client in a bid to meet the changing needs of businesses, end users and IT.
Dell Hybrid Client is a centrally managed client software solution that is ready to deploy with select Dell mobile and desktop devices, helping employees get to work quickly with a consistent experience.
"In an increasingly cloud connected world, organisations need to easily deploy and maintain data and applications from a variety of locations without burdening IT teams or hindering employee productivity," Dell says.
"Dell Hybrid Client simplifies and personalises the user and IT experience while still providing security and flexibility across devices and work environments. Features like built-in everyday productivity applications, browser security, and others are available out-of-the-box and managed through the cloud empowering employees to work how and where is best for them."
Brooke Huling, vice president, Modern Computing Solutions Group, Dell Technologies, says at the core of Dell Hybrid Client sits an elevated experience for both employees and IT teams.
“For employees, Dell Hybrid Client delivers the same, personalised experience regardless of the device you chose to work on," Huling says.
"Everything you need is at your fingertips. For IT, we've opened access to multiple clouds enabling experiences to be scaled and customised for workforces at rapid pace.
Jean-Guillaume Pons, vice president, Client Solutions Group, Asia Pacific, Japan and Greater China, Dell Technologies, says, “Our recent study on remote work readiness revealed that employees across APJ had difficulties accessing internal company resources while working from home.
“Today, as APJ organisations continue scaling their technologies to help employees remain engaged and productive, it is important to ensure employees can easily access the applications and data they need, without compromising security," he says.
"Dell Hybrid Client can help both organisations and employees, regardless of working locations and the devices they use.“
How it works
Dell Hybrid Client begins with single sign-on where users will find their personalised desktop interface and all their applications, whether in the cloud or virtual.
This first-of-its-kind solution provides:
- Security at every touchpoint: Securely scale to thousands of users while still protecting employee and company data through built-in features including system lockdown, secure boot, user file encryption and more.
- Simplified Workflow: Your workday doesn't need to be interrupted as users have secure access to web and virtual applications from Citrix, VMware and Microsoft and various storage locations.
- Optimised Productivity: Zoom or Microsoft Teams clients run locally, enabling faster collaboration while helping reduce strain on IT infrastructures.
- Consistent Experience: With an enhanced “Follow-me” feature, users will find their applications and data on any supported desktop interface – even after changing devices.
- Flexibility in Cloud Providers: Organisations can embrace a more flexible mindset by supporting and seamlessly integrating from Wyse Management Suite's multiple cloud vendors including, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Comprehensive Software Support: With ProSupport, Dell Hybrid Client users receive proactive resolution. With automatic alerts and case creation, remote diagnosis and access to ProSupport engineers, employees can experience little to no downtime and IT can proactively support business needs.