HP adds smarts to new range of printers for SMBs
HP is releasing a new line of smart printers specifically designed for small businesses, the new HP OfficeJet Pro series, with increased intelligence and new design.
“HP designed this series specifically for the small business owner who can't possibly work harder, though the pressure to do so is constant given how closely their finances, livelihood and emotional well-being are tied to their business,” says HP home printing solutions global head and general manager Anneliese Olson.
“With more than half of small business owners agreeing that their businesses cannot operate without a printer we elevated this technology to perform more like a partner to help save time and 'brain space' so these entrepreneurs can focus on growing their business.''
HP connected with thousands of small business owners in more than 20 countries, identifying areas where innovation and creativity could help each achieve their goals.
These global conversations led to the reinvented HP OfficeJet Pro series launching today which, HP claims, are smart, mobile, secure and up to 39% smaller than previous versions.
Key features include:
- Smart Tasks - Eliminate steps in repetitive tasks with Smart Tasks, the mobile solution that automates scanning tasks. Organise documents and get automatic two-sided printing and advanced scanning. Scan to the cloud or email and create editable, searchable documents scanning from your phone or printer.
- Freedom to work anywhere - Print, scan and copy from your phone, using the best-in-class mobile print app: HP Smart.
- Heightened security, reliable connections - Get best-in-class security to help maintain privacy and control, and self-healing Wi-Fi that always keeps you connected.
- Engineered for sustainability - The new hardware is designed to help reduce energy use and its ink cartridges are easily recycled. 15% of the 8000 series and 10% of the 9000 series by weight is made from recycled printers and other electronics.
- Enhanced user experience - The new smart output tray management prevents paper spillage when the 250-sheet output tray is full (only 9025 series).