Huawei’s new flagship phones jump on the photography train
FYI, this story is more than a year old
Huawei is releasing the P30 and P30 Pro available in New Zealand from mid-April.
The P30 Pro includes a Leica Quad Camera system, including a 40MP main camera, a 20MP ultra-wide angle camera, an 8MP telephoto camera, a HUAWEI Time-of-Flight (TOF) Camera, and a 32MP front camera.
The RYYB SuperSpectrum Sensor deviates from the traditional RGBG Bayer filter by replacing the green pixels with yellow pixels, yielding a high maximum ISO rating of '204,800' and '409,600' on the P30 and P30 Pro, respectively.
The SuperZoom Lens supports high fidelity magnification up to 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, which it achieves through a periscope design.
The Time-of-Flight (TOF) Camera captures depth-of-field information to deliver accurate image segmentation.
Precise distance measurement allows for the simulation of multiple levels of bokeh from a focused background to a Leica-style blur, highlighting the subject in any scenario.
AI HDR+ enables the front and rear cameras to combine multiple photos taken in quick succession to optimise overexposed and backlit selfies and Super Portrait Mode captures even tiny details.
Colours available are black, light blue and green-blue and will retail for $1,099 for the standard P30 and $1,499 for the Pro.
Other features include:
- The Kirin 980 processor. The 7nm Kirin 980 with a Dual-NPU supports faster image recognition.
- A near bezel-less front glass with an in-screen fingerprint sensor for identity authentication. The Pro also features Acoustic Display Technology with an in-screen maglev speaker for high-quality earpiece audio.
- The P Series is shipped with EMUI 9.1, which now introduces an Extendable Read-Only File System (EROFS) that improves the read speed of the storage device and supports Share OneHop for file sharing between Huawei smartphones and PCs.
- 40W SuperCharge and a 4200MhA battery on the P30 Pro, as well as 22.5W and 3650mAh on the P30 for more than a full day of intense work.
- The P Series includes a graphene film cooling system that manages heat efficiently and effectively.