Guardian Angel releases comms solution for isolated workers
Australiasian lone and remote work solution provider, Guardian Angel Security, has launched the Guardian Everywhere Hub for secure 24/7 communication, monitoring and local response coordination for remote workers; incorporating dual-mode cellular and satellite communications technology solutions from US-based Everywhere Communications.
The company has signed an exclusive distribution agreement for Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Island with Everywhere Communications for the use of their global suite of product solutions for communication, location and monitoring of remote workers via satellite devices, smartphone apps, a web portal, location-based services, and APIs using patented deployed technology.
“We’re delighted to have secured use of Everywhere Communications’ technology for our customers in Australia and New Zealand who need to track and communicate with their teams deployed around the globe. We’re also really excited to be able to offer our services into the Pacific Islands for the first time,” says Guardian Angel Security founder and CEO Petra Hakansson.
“Our mission is to deliver unrivalled safety for our enterprise and government customers. The Guardian Everywhere Hub ensures people are always connected, anywhere. Garmin inReach devices connected via our Hub enable SOS, two-way messaging, welfare checks, breadcrumb tracking and geofencing; using satellite, cellular, SMS, or Wi-Fi in the most efficient manner, to ensure no black spots.”
Everywhere Communications founder and CEO Patrick Shay adds, “We’re excited Guardian Angel Security are using our vital communications, location and monitoring systems to save lives in Australia and New Zealand. Our solutions are trusted by leading enterprise and government customers deployed in over 80 countries around the world.”
Everywhere Communications’ integrated multi-mode communications solutions utilise the Iridium satellite constellation, including the newly launched Iridium NEXT satellites, as well as Wi-Fi and cellular networks, to provide always-on connectivity globally, including the 80%+ of the world beyond the reach of cellular service.
- Compatible with the Garmin inReach Mini, SE+ & Explorer+ devices
- Allows users to view a snapshot of their entire remote workforce.
- Colour-coded teams enable users to see the current location of each member or see a historical bread crumb trail.
- Remote workers can communicate via a chat-style text messaging interface or, when equipped, voice text.
- Workers with equipped devices can also share geo-tagged pictures, video clips and audio clips.
- Proactive health and welfare check features include requests of a user’s status – ‘I’m OK’, or ‘I’m Not OK’.
- Users can create a virtual geofenced perimeter to surround key worksites for the safe management of personnel in specific zones, and entry and exit alerts can be sent to preselected recipients.
- Circumvents the emergency number process to speed up emergency response, for mobile workers working alone or remotely.
The Guardian Everywhere Hub links customers in New Zealand, Australia, Fiji, Samoa, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Solomon Islands, and the Cook Islands to its response software at its audited monitoring stations in New Zealand and Australia.