IT market update: what’s ahead?
With digital transformation shifting into overdrive, the next five years will create a great divide among those who thrive in this transformation, and those who merely survive it.
That’s according to Crawford Del Prete. Executive vice president for worldwide research products and chief research officer at IDC.
In the latest IDC IT market update, Del Prete illustrates, from an IT growth perspective, that we are “living in unprecedented times.”
According to Del Prete:
- Leadership Transformation: 85% of the world's top 2000 companies will leverage DX to establish segment leadership
- Omni-Experience Transformation: 10x as many stores will be closed by retail laggards versus those who embrace DX
- Information Transformation: 65% of large enterprises will think of themselves as information-based companies
- Operating Model Transformation: 75% of the world's top 2000 companies will have digital twins -- full, information-based, economic models of their product/services and operations
- Worksource Transformation: 50% of workers will use automated assistance or assistance technologies to make decisions and get work done
Check out the IT market update video below.